Wed, 30 Aug|
Australian Centre of Disease Preparednes
Visit to the Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) & VIC/TAS AGM
The Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP), formerly known as the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL), in Geelong, is a high security laboratory, run by the CSIRO for exotic animal disease diagnosis and research. The lab is one of four Biosafety Level-4 labs in the country.
Time & Location
30 Aug 2023, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm AEST
Australian Centre of Disease Preparednes, 5 Portarlington Rd, Newcomb VIC 3219, Australia
About the Event
Important information to note:
- Limited to 60 people (first in first to attend)
- Registrations close 17th August.
- Must have Australian identification (passport, licence) to enter
- The name you provide when registering must match your drivers licence / passport.
- Scientists from ACDP will speak on:
- Four major disease threats (ASF, FMD, AI and LSD)
- How ACDP works
- Virtual tour
- ACDP role in an EAD event
The SFMCA Vic/Tas AGM and briefing will be held following the ACDP briefings and tour.
Welcome and IntroductionsLecture Theatre
Overview of what we do at ACDP